Visiting Scholars 2014-2015
- Bettina Papenburg (Feb-March) Germany
- Myra Hird (Sep), Canada
- Aino-Kaisa Koistinen (April) Finland
- Peta Hinton (May) Germany/Australia
- Gillian Einstein (Feb-July) Canada
- Astrida Neimanis (May and Dec) Canada
- Sari Irni – with Technology and social change (April-June) Finland
- Celia Roberts – with Technology and social change (April-June) UK
- Maris Sõrmus (Aug-Oct) Estonia
- Alison Ravenscroft (Oct) Australia – “Coming to Matter: The grounds of our embodied difference” October 7 Session
- Myra Hird (Fall) Guest Professor of Tema Genus
- We welcome Anna Kaiser and Olga Cielemecka as the two new postdocs in environmental humanities located at Tema Miljö (Environmental Change) and Tema Genus (Gender Studies)!
Calls for Papers and Other Contributions
- “Decolonising Gender in the North,” 4th Nordic Transgender Studies Symposium, 11-13 October 2016 in Karlstad, Sweden. 300-word abstracts due MAY 10th to email@example.com. See http://www.kau.se/en/cgf for more information!
- Call for visiting scholars (short term scientific missions/STSM) within the Cost Action IS1307 – New Materialism: Networking European Scholarship on ‘How Matter Comes to Matter’. We are looking for applicants who want to visit partner institutions in the first half of Grant Year 3, that is, between July 1 and December 31, 2016. DEADLINE for application is April 30, 2016. In order to apply, each applicant has to register via COST site (https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm) and fill in all the necessary forms.
- Call for papers: 7th Annual Conference on the New Materialisms 21-23 September 2016, Warsaw “Performing Situated Knowledges: Space, Time, Vulnerability”
- The Seed Box Research School in Environmental Humanities starts again on January 13, 2016 with a Methodologies course first focused on ethnographies (taught by ie Steve Woolgar and Corinna Kruse) and later on, with mixed text-methods and approaches. The Seed Box EH-courses are open to all interested PhD-students!!
- Check out some exciting upcoming presentations at the Seed Box’s Environmental Humanities Forum seminar series: 28 April, Rumen Rachev, “Defacing the Anthropocene”; 17 May, Imri Sandström (Gothenburg University), “To Unsettle Historical Language”; and 24 May, Owain Jones (Bath Spa University, UK), “Towards Hydrocitizenship: Reweaving Individual and Collective Narrative Ecologies of Self, Water, and Nature.” See here for more information.
Spring sessions 2015 – announced here!
- Environmental Humanities Seminar: Tuesday 19 May, 13:15-15, in Faros: Magdalena Górska on “Breathing and feminist intersectionality in the material-semiotic register”
- Environmental Humanities Seminar: Wednesday 20 May, 13:15-15, in Forum Library: Laura Watts on “Liminal Futures: A Poetic Guide to the Energy Islands”
- Environmental Humanities Seminar: Tuesday 2 June, 10:15-12, in TEMCAS: Eben Kirksey on “Emergent Ecologies”
- Images of Life. From the abstract: Seminar on how visualisation of the morphology and development of cells and organelles in live cell imaging animates the current discourse and imaginary about “life”.
Tema Genus Higher Seminar with Dr. Bettina Papenburg.
19 March, 13.15-15:00. Venue: Lethe in Tema building, LiU, Se. Warmly welcome!
Environmental Humanities Seminars – more information to come!Tuesday 17 March, 13.15-15 in FAROS. Seminar with Veronica Brodén GybergTuesday 24 March, 13.15-15 in FAROS. Seminar with Darcy Parks – on Smart CitiesTuesdat 25 March, 13.15-15 in tba . Seminar with Laura WattsTuesday 31 March, 13.15-15 in FAROS. Seminar with Anna Jonsson – on Global textile trades and its local impactTuesday 21 April 13.15-15 in FAROS. Seminar with Katharina ReindlTuesday 28 April 13.15-15 in FAROS. Seminar with Björn WallstenTuesday 5 May 13.15-15 in FAROS. Seminar with Martin Hultman – on apocalyptic thought
- Thinking together on thinking together.
Breakfast and pre-seminar conversations with Iris van der Tuin, Associate Professor, Utrecht University.
Text available for the seminar, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 28 January 10:15-12:00 hrs . Venue: Delfi.